Sunday, April 15, 2007

Patrick: Hawaii, Day 6

Today we got up early and headed back to Hanauma Bay for the third time this week. Michael unfortunately had to work on his BMI 214 assignment so he couldn't join us. There weren't very many people this morning compared with the other days, which was odd since it was a Saturday. I guess Hawaiians need a time off on the weekends since they work so hard relaxing during the week. Life here is so laid back... no wonder I start falling asleep within a few minutes of sitting down.

We weren't so lucky as to see a sea turtle today. We did see a lot of the Hawaiian state fish, Humuhumunukunukuapua. The tide was high around noon and the waves kept tossing us to and fro. It allowed us to glide over the previously unreachable shallows which seemed to be where all the fish were hiding out.

In the evening, we played some cutthroat in the billiards room. I got my ass owned by team Brian/Michael and my dad/my brother. And afterwards we had dinner at Roy's, an asian fusion restaurant which I presume had its origins in Hawaii. The Mahimahi in lobster sauce was excellent as was the delectable chocolate souffle. We topped off the day with a dip in the hot tub where we met a Canadian guy who just arrived. He had just broken up with his girlfriend who he planned to vacation with for the next two weeks. He ended up here alone... Picture Michael when I steal Melanie away from under his nose.. teehee.

Anyways, it's been a long day. We're all packed and ready for tomorrow's flight. I don't know if I'm ready to leave this place of sunshine, beach, and shave ice for what looks to be freezing cold temperatures and rain in Japan...

04142007

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Patrick,
Your blog is very informative and interesting. Please keep doing it. we are all waiting to hear from you as well. :-)