Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Brian: Hawaii, Day 1

We're in Hawaii right now. This place is REALLY freaking nice :). And by "this place" I mean simultaneously Hawaii, Oahu, this hotel, and our room, EVERYTHING! It's super ridiculously nice. The room is a suite so there's a kitchen, living room, and 3 bedrooms for just 6 people. Also, the weather is sooo good. Basically I walked around in swim trunks and a t-shirt (or no shirt) from when I got up until I got back to the hotel late at night. AND, I ate shaved ice outside after it got dark with no jacket...! In the morning we went to the beach outside the hotel and made sand castles, then we went to costco to buy some things. A friend from Stanford (Jason) who's a local then took us to Hanauma Bay where we did some snorkeling. There's an incredible diversity of fish in the bay. It's like swimming in an aquarium. There was even a sea turtle! It was kind of painful though because I got a bunch of scratches from the reef and salt water kept going up my noise and burned my eyes. That's the part they don't tell you about snorkeling :/. Afterwards, we went to have shaved ice and then walked around Waikiki Beach. That place is like the Las Vegas strip on the beach - there's all these really fancy stores and so many people (especially Japanese people). We had dinner there at a diner-type establishment called the Wailoa Coffee House and then came back after walking around for a couple hours. I'm so tired now... but at the same time, it's really a relaxing place :).

No comments: