Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Patrick: Architecture Project

In place of a final exam, we were assigned a project for which we had to construct an 18 cm x 18 cm model house. After 6 days of construction, I'm finally done. We presented our projects to the professor and two other architects, one from Hong Kong and another German architect working in Japan. Needless to say, they were quite critical. But given that I am not an architect major I guess it's expected. Here's what my cube looked like from start to finish:

My dCube

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice job. I like that bambo picture very much. The circular window is also a good design.

vlee1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vlee1 said...

Wow...nice model ^^. I like the big corner window on the second floor.

Unknown said...

Hi Patrick, Your shool has come to an end. I wish you the best on your next intern job. Will you keep posting your experience here? I have read all your blogs and enjoyed them all. I certainly looking forward to see your new post.

wakywebsurfer said...

of course I'll keep posting. the next one will be some stuff from our farewell party and also a tour of my apartment. heh. glad you guys liked my model. the critique was pretty harsh. some highlights were: it does not completely follow the modular form of traditional shoin styles and as a result is a glaringly bad imitation of Japanese architecture done by an ignorant foreigner.. even so, I still like how it turned out.